The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives individuals more control over how their personal information is used and makes it quicker and easier for you to check and update the information we hold.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect the following personal information about you when you navigate the website, complete a form on our website, or subscribe to our newsletter/blog;
- Telephone Number
- IP Address
How will we use the information about you?
For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Web Presence Ltd is the “data controller”. We collect information about you, if you agree, for the following reasons;
- To email you about other products and services that we offer (direct marketing)
- Business related reasons (provide services to our clients)
- To maintain our accounts and records
- To undertake market research
- To support and manage our employees
- To improve our services
- To understand how you use the website and ways that we can improve your experience
- To personalise your repeat visits to our website.
How long do we keep your information?
We don’t keep your information for longer than we need to. For our own opt-in marketing communications this may be indefinite until you request that your information is erased.
With regards to Google Analytics, the retention period for data that is associated with cookies, user identifiers or advertising identifiers is set at 26 months.
Lawful process for processing personal data
When collecting personal information we will divulge the identity of our business and how we plan to use the personal information.
We will inform people about their ‘rights’ and their ability to complain to the ICO if they are concerned about how we handle their information.
If you agree, we would like to send you information about products and services of ours which may be of interest and relevant to you.
If you change your mind and no longer want to receive these communications, you can tell us at any time by unsubscribing using the link at the bottom of each email or by contacting us directly using the information in the ‘How To Contact Us’ section below.
Please also see the ‘Your Rights’ section below for further information.
Web Presence Ltd will not share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your permission.
You have certain legal rights to control what we do with your information. This includes a right to get access to your personal information; to request us to correct or update incorrect information; to object to or request that we restrict processing your information in certain circumstances; to object to direct marketing; and to receive the personal information you provided in a portable format.
To exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details in the ‘How To Contact Us’ section below.
Transferring information overseas
When necessary, we may transfer your information overseas as some of our third-party data processors are not based in the UK. We will only transfer your information where lawfully permitted and in compliance with applicable laws.
When you visit our website Cookies (small text files) are placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
This Website may place the following Cookies;
- Strictly necessary cookies:Required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies:Required to help us to track website visitor data and improve the way our website works.
- Functionality cookies: Used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies:These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Social Media Cookies: The articles, pictures and videos that you look at on our website can be shared and liked via social media by means of buttons. Cookies from the social media parties are used to enable these buttons to function, so that they recognise you when you wish to share an article or video.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended. Please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/ for instructions on how to control and remove cookies from your browser.
Third Party Services – Sharing Your information Outside of Web Presence Ltd
We keep your information confidential and will only share your information outside of Web Presence Ltd for the purposes mentioned in our privacy notice. This may include sharing with third parties such as service providers.
Web Presence Ltd may also share your personal details with other parties, known as ‘Data Processors’ for dealing with certain processes necessary for conducting our business and the operation of the website such as completing forms or requesting an SEO audit.
Web Presence Ltd is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party. Please refer to their own privacy policies.
Our Data Processors include;
- Google G Suite/Drive (We have agreed to this Data Processing Amendment)
- Mailchimp (We have signed this Data Processing Agreement)
- Google Analytics (We have completed this Data Processing Agreement)
- Clearbooks (clients and employees only)
Third party websites
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us and with third-parties who act on our behalf. We may monitor or record calls, emails, text messages or other communications in order to protect both yourself and us.
Will ensure that any personal data is held securely by taking the following measures. This includes protecting data against unauthorised or illegal use and against accidental loss, destruction or damage;
- Password-protecting all electronic devices and cloud storage solutions that hold such data
- Securing our business premises
- Installing anti-virus software
What If There Is A Breach?
We will report any personal data breaches to the relevant supervisory authority (https://ico.org.uk) within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach.
If the breach is likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting individuals’ rights and freedoms, we will inform those individuals without undue delay.
We will keep a record of any personal data breaches.
How To Contact Us
Web Presence Ltd
3 Maple Court
Telephone: 01625 665044